Junior IT Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic, skilled IT graduate or a self-taught enthusiast looking for an entry level role with a successful financial company in the heart of Zurich, near Paradeplatz? Do you have strong communication skills and know Microsoft’s product range? How does joining a role where you’ll utilize all your IT knowledge, in a challenging environment and learn even more on the job sound good? If so read on…
Ayaltis is a leading fund of hedge funds manager, based a 5-minute tram ride from Zurich HB, looking for a Junior IT Engineer to join our IT team. You will provide technical support to Ayaltis staff and help the team develop customized IT solutions. You’ll use your existing IT skills to understand our in-house systems and your knowledge in Windows/macOS. iOS development would also be a plus. You’ll support the users with all technical queries.
As the successful Junior IT Engineer, you will represent 1st and 2nd line support to both internal users and external partners, using Apple MacOS, Windows 10, VMWare Fusion, Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, Office365 and Azure. You will also be responsible for dealing with various queries ranging from the logging of system errors and answering, ‘How to’ queries through to troubleshooting server or application problems and resolving time critical incidents. Working with and managing systems such as our VoIP phone system. Performing monthly patching and system updates (may require out of hours work).
Monitoring systems including virtual servers, VPN connections, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure services.
As the Junior IT Engineer, you will be passionate about developing your technical skills further to keep up with the rapid growth of our business. You must be comfortable working in a time critical support environment.
Key skills needed for the Junior IT Engineer role:
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capability.
- Commercial experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience in Windows administration using PowerShell.
- A demonstrated passion for technology with a desire to develop yourself.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Awareness of importance of accuracy, data integrity and of adhering to procedures.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Junior IT Engineer to join our hugely successful company that always works with the latest, cutting-edge technology. It is an exciting time of growth and this role offers fantastic career progression and training opportunities for the right person.
You will have some or all the following skills:
- Coding with OOP (i.e. C#)
- Strong customer facing/client facing skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal in English.
- Windows, MacOS understanding
- Be a recent Graduate in Computer Science or similar
- A self-taught coder, web developer, Mac enthusiast and Windows
You will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer.
You will be provided with excellent on the job training in any tech that you’re not familiar in, so not one to miss out on! Apply now.
Start: Upon arrangement
For further information, please fill in the form below and include your CV.